Category: Cockatiels talking parrots
Cockatiels talking parrots
Talking Cockatiels Parrots
Talking Cockatiels parrots are native to outback regions of Australia and are found throughout a large proportion of the continent with the exception of the island of Tasmania and the coastal regions. cockatiel bird for sale
Talking Cockatiels Parrots Origin and History
In their native Australia, cockatiels are called quarrions or weiros. They primarily live in the Outback, a region of the northern part of the continent. Discovered in 1770, they are the smallest members of the cockatoo family. They exhibit many of the same features and habits as the larger bird. In the wild, they live in large flocks.
Cockatiels became popular as pets during the 1900s. These parrots are easy to breed in captivity and their docile, friendly personalities make them a natural fit for home life. These birds can no longer be trapped and exported from Australia.
Talking Cockatiels Parrots Care & Feeding
Talking cockatiel needs a cage spacious enough to accommodate multiple perches, toys, food bowls and have plenty of room to flap its wings without hitting them against anything. A cage with a large door front is ideal because it makes it easier to return a cockatiel to its cage, especially since cockatiels can be flighty birds. Talking Cockatiels are natural ground foragers and will forage on the bottom of the cage if given the opportunity; cover the cage floor with newspaper and sprinkle crumbled treats or millet sprinkle seed for your cockatiel to find. They are social birds and thrive when given opportunities to interact with you, whether it is gently petting their cheek feathers, being talked to or simply being in the same room as you. cockatiel bird for sale in Florida
A healthy cockatiel diet includes commercially balanced diets, such as Premium Daily Diet Pellets, as well as other food, fresh vegetables and some seed. A well-cared-for cockatiel can live for more than 20 years.
Talking Cockatiel Colors and Markings
The wild cockatiel has a gray body with a yellow face and crest and orange cheek patch. The colors on the face are brighter and more vivid in the male. Female has bars on the underside of the tail feathers.
Bred in captivity for the pet trade, several color mutations developed over the years. The most common variations include:
- Albino: Lack of feather pigmentation
- Lutino: White bird with yellow mask, orange cheeks, and red eyes
- Pied: Typical wild cockatiel colors replaced with a yellow or off-white color
- Pearl, laced, or opaline: Spotting of various colors that creates tiny “pearls” along its feathers
- Cinnamon, fawn, or Isabelle: Gray feathers with a brown or warm tan color
- Silver: Recessive silver and dominant silver cockatiel mutation; recessives have cool gray feathers and red eyes; dominants have a warmer gray tone and dark eyes
Other mutations include emerald, creamface, pastelface, whiteface, and yellow cheek cockatiels. cockatiel bird for sale in dubai
Differences between males and females vary by coloration. These differences can sometimes be hard to distinguish, especially in young birds. For definitive sexing, consider genetic testing.
Talking Cockatiel Health & Common Conditions
It is normal for a cockatiel to sneeze a few times a day to clear out dust or dander from its nares, which might be accompanied by a clear discharge. If the sneezing is persistent and/or the discharge is not a clear color, contact your avian veterinarian. Cockatiels are excellent fliers and need more frequent wing clipping than other parrot species because they are capable of flying not long after having their feathers trimmed. Talking Cockatiels molt (shed old feathers and begin growing new ones) a couple times a year. male cockatiel parrots
A main health concern for female cockatiels is chronic egg-laying, which can deplete her body of vital minerals and calcium, as well as egg binding, in which the hen is unable to pass an egg. (A hen does not need a male cockatiel present in order to produce an egg; it will just be an infertile egg.) Female cockatiels, therefore, often need extra-calcium in their diet, such as a calcium-fortified base diet or a supplement like cuttlebone. Since cockatiels are often fed a mostly seed diet, many suffer from malnutrition and vitamin and mineral deficiencies. An all-seed diet is also high in fat, which can lead to fatty liver disease. A healthy, low-fat diet with the right balance of vitamin, minerals and amino acids can go a long way in preventing disease in your cockatiel. prices for cockatiel parrots
Talking Cockatiel Parrots Fun Facts
- Cockatiels were first discovered and described by naturalists in 1792 when Australia was known as New Holland. This is why the cockatiel got “hollandicus” as part of its species name.
- The word cockatiel comes from the Dutch word “kakatielje” which means “little cockatoo”.
- Australia banned the export of cockatiels in 1894. All cockatiels in the US have been domestically bred.
- Cockatiels build their nests in tree hollows and they enter their nests tail first.
- If a cockatiels crest feathers are standing straight up it means the bird is surprised or excited about something. Also, if the crest feathers are relaxed, then the bird is relaxed. When the cockatiel’s crest feathers are flat against its head, the bird is angry!
- They make a hissing sound when they are annoyed.
- Cockatiels typically live from 15 to 20 years but one was recorded to live util the age of 36!
- Zambia and Poland are two countries that have included cockatiels on postage stamps. cockatiel parrots for sale here
Showing all 2 results
Add to cart
Talking Cockatiels Parrot Eggs Talking Cockatiels Parrot Eggs. We procure eggs with great care from our thriving aviary, ensuring they originate from robust, disease-free birds. Our guarantee is that these eggs are entirely fertile, guaranteeing the birth of vigorous offspring. As experts in bird and parrot breeding, we specialize …